Friday, July 9, 2010

On Break, and Babywearing in the hospital...

Hi everyone - I wanted to let you know that there will most likely be little to no content posted here for a while.  My two year old, Nathan, threw up Monday morning, had traces of blood in his diarrhea, and was admitted to the hospital Tuesday night.  Wednesday morning we were transfered to a larger hospital, and Thursday night we were transferred again.

Nathan has something called Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, which means he got a bacteria his body couldn't handle and his kidneys went into shock. The bacteria is gone, but his kidneys are not doing well. He is going to need dialysis, which they cannot do on a pediatric patient at the second hospital we were sent to, so they transferred us via ambulance several hours to our third hospital late last night.

They are saying he seems to be stabilizing, but at this point but he is definitely not improving. Hopefully dialysis will give his body a big boost and turn things around.

Please please pray.

 from a few weeks ago...

 And from last Sunday...


Yesterday, he was only hooked up to an IV, so when he said "mei tai?", I was easily  able to put him in my mei tai in a front carry and give him some closeness and snuggles.  That was very comforting for both of us.  My husband has been doing a lot of wearing too, with our 14 month old.  He's been using the mei tai and our HugaMonkey as well to give her some security and comfort and have hands free for carrying bags, etc.

If you want to keep updated, I am updating my twitter fairly regularly... follow me @babywearingitup
Share

5 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

Oh hang in there Mama, I've been thinking about you and your little one. I looked up his diagnosis the night you posted it, poor thing. I'm sure all of this has to be so hard on everyone, but stay strong (I'm sure you are), and just keep doing what you're doing. So awful that y'all have been transfered multiple times. I hope that things start to get better :(

Hyacynth said...

I am praying, and I've enlisted my three year old to pray, too. And he has an excellent memory, so a day won't go by where our family won't be lifting Nathan up in prayer.

Lacey said...

I'm praying for all of you. I'm glad to hear you got some snuggles :)

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Praying, praying, praying...
I know the horror of having a very sick child first hand...and I also know way more than I wish I ever did about dyalisis. Feel free to email me if you ever want to talk. ((Hugs))

natalie said...

Thank you Tia, Hyacynth, Lacey, and LaLa!

I posted an update as well, but the big good news is that he was off dialysis yesterday, last night, AND today. They are discussing WHEN we can go home... and it sounds like it will be soon! SO excited. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!