Thursday, July 1, 2010

 If you know me, you  know that I frequently have a baby on my back.


That's how we roll - babywearing makes it easier to snuggle with my babies and get things done.

It was a lifesaver about a year ago when the cows got out into the road and we had to get them back in unassisted and I had to go in and out of ditches and open gates and move quickly, oh, yes, and the baby was hungry, too.  Babywearing means I could burn calories marching all over chasing cows, while breastfeeding at the same time.  ;)  What's not to like?  Oh, yeah, the cows were out...




Babywearing isn't just for mamas, though.  Micah babywears- one of the many things about him that makes me all weak at the knees. ;)


I think a stretchy wrap is the best newborn carrier of my stash.  There is a bit of a learning curve, but the incredible comfort is worth the effort.  A friend gave me a Moby wrap for Miriam and I loved it!  My second recommendation would be a ring sling.  They're great for shorter chunks of time when you don't want to put on the wrap.  Plus you can use it well into toddler hood for a hip carry! You can make one (my mom made me my two), or buy one.  I also love our mei tai and podaegi, and want to experiment with woven wraps.

Miriam loves being worn... and wearing, too! ;)  Here she is with her baby in a doll sling. :)

This post was written for the Babywearing Carnival hosted by Jami of Babywearing Videos and posted on my personal blog.  Comments here are closed, but you can comment on the original post here. :)
Share